Saturday, March 18, 2017

First Blog Post of 2017

Hello again everyone!  My name is Alexis Butler.  I work as an ESOL Teacher at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. #9 with 3rd and 6th grade classes.  

I frequently use Google Classroom, Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. with my students or to organize data.  I am also comfortable making/using smartboard lessons. 


My goal is to continue expanding my PLN from last year and to hopefully use my blog more.  Sometimes I fear simply losing pencil and paper to technology.  I love journaling and for me, the experience is just not the same on a computer.  However, in terms of in the classroom, through another online PD I have realized that the fear comes from assignments that only use chromebooks as a substitute for pencil and paper.  What I can get passionate about is when we move further through the SAMR Framework. 


The fiancé I mentioned last year is now my wonderful, amazing husband!  We watch way too much HGTV and nearly every televised sport.  Yet, we still find time to take little vacations to celebrate our first year of marriage and each other.  We love going for walks, traveling, and supporting NYS farms and small businesses.  

1 comment:

  1. Definitely HGTV can be considered part of your PLN. I know I have personally learned many things by searching and watching episodes about specific topics. From opening a room by tearing down walls to repairing hard wood floors. Keep watching it and build, remodel or create something. It's fun

    ReplyDelete